Directors both direct the formats, and teach Johnstone-style impro.
- ITI Directors meet a majority of the following criteria:
- worked intensively & extensively with Keith, in an ongoing capacity, for a minimum of 10 years
- have a minimum of 15 years teaching experience
- have an international reputation as recognized by their peers in teaching, directing, & creation of impro work based in Johnstonian philosophy
- have been recognized by Keith as having knowledge and understanding of each of his impro formats, including the “why” behind various elements, history and execution, and are authorized by the ITI to teach the formats in their original form
- continue to both teach, and employ Keith Johnstone impro philosophies in the classroom and on stage
- have been observed by at least 3 other Directors, or Instructors in a workshop
♦ If you would like a director to visit your group to work on a specific format, or teach a workshop, please contact the ITI Head Office.
There is some funding in place to facilitate Director visits to ITI Member Companies
All ITI Directors adhere to the ITI Code of Conduct.
We’ve done 8 years of development and shows.
I also co-produced a radio (Podcast) series of The Life Game on Canada’s CBC radio podcast series of The Life Game.
|Application of Impro to film & television work, using text and impro exercises.|
Since 1991 he has produced nature and history theatre performing in schools, mountain parks museums and zoos.
Steve began working with masks in 1999 with the support of Keith Johnstone, then soon after, teaching at home and overseas.
Now he teaches Mask and Impro internationally and has conducted workshops and played shows in over 20 countries.
Other pursuits include puppetry, clown and meditation.
|Trance Masks, Full Masks, Mask Making, Puppetry|
AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND DIRECTORS